The latest model HOG Saddle® with some improvements from the original design. The MOD7 is currently a standard issue item in the U.S. Marine Corps and other various Special Operations Units.
List of improvements:
- Opens 1/4" wider than original model (2-5/8" Open, 1-1/2" Closed)
- Incorporates a retention button screw to prevent unintentional disassembly in the field
- Weighs Just 15.8 ounces
- Added cut-outs to the base of the HOG Saddle. These narrow slots better integrate with tripod heads or QR plates that have anti-rotation video pins.
HOG Saddle® MOD7 Specs:
- CNC machined from a solid block of aluminum
- Black oxide stainless steel bolt and guide rods, and stainless steel noise dampening tension spring
- Hard anodized finish, for superior resistance to corrosion (a resilient surface which serves as an excellent base coat for custom camouflage paint)
- 1/4-20 stainless steel mounting threads and 3/8-16 back up threads, with anti-rotation slots to accept tripod QD plates that have video pins
- CNC machined torque knob assembly with retention button screw to prevent disassembly in the field (opens 1/4" wider than previous model)
- 1/4" thick, recessed urethane pads specifically engineered to absorb rifle recoil and reduce muzzle hop
- Weight: 15.8oz